Wednesday 25 March 2015

Glitter and Earth is one!



Well, I can't quite believe that it's been a whole year since I started Glitter and Earth! 

I still remember walking round the field with my dogs one misty morning contemplating what to call my 'brand'. I knew I wanted glitter in the title and something else.



The mist was very thick that morning (something that happens quite a lot in St Just) and so it was very nearly called Glitter and Mist!  I finally decided on Earth though as it sounded grounding and also because I try to be environmentally conscious with the materials I buy. 

I got to work on my logo in between Tabitha's needs and it came together surprisingly quickly!


I had made some stamps, which were great fun to carve out and simply played around with a few arrangements. Sometimes I wish I had put more colour in to reflect the vibrant nature of my work, but I like the earthiness of it. It also makes me feel quite nostalgic now, so I don't think I will be changing it for sometime.

This year has given me a lot of confidence and I have my lovely Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers ( and the lovely Massofhair) to thank for that.



I have gone from being nervous about anyone liking my work, to knowing that people do! My mission is simply to find them! 


My creativity has soared and I feel very lucky to be an artist. I'm learning all the time and I love what I do! Thank you for being part of my journey!



4 comments:

  1. Hello I saw your FB post and came to check your blog out.. Congratulations on the anniversary. What I would like to see you post about is: How do you determine your color palette for a project? Do you just use instinct or do you operate with color wheel rules? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dog Ma, thanks for your question! I have to say that I pretty much go by instinct. I look at the colours in nature and see how well they all go together! Since I've started doing Life Book however I have been trying to apply a bit more of a restricted palette to my work and I'm enjoying the challenges there. I've started researching colour trends for next year too and that is really exciting! I love colour!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jacqueline, I would love to win you Fabulous Feather Fairy. I love the Owls and Fairy and actually I love it all. Its so awesome to put a smile on peoples faces and warm ones <3 Heart <3. With all the negativity in the world its such a pleasure to see such uplifting works. Thank you Tina <3 Love Light and Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tina! I'm so pleased that is what you get from my work. I really hope that my fairies help spread some more magic in the world. 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete